OUR NEXT GREAT ADVENTURE BEGINS
LAYERSLIDER IS LEAVING ENVATO MARKET

See the full announcement here

Better services, more frequent updates, special deals, great new features and downloadable extras are coming. The first 500 customers who use the promo code EARLYBIRD will receive 30% OFF of the original price. Grab a license while this offer lasts!

Okay
  Public Ticket #2226307
Issues with slides
Closed

Comments

  • qfactor started the conversation

    Hi,


    I'm currently running the latest version of LayerSlider on Wordpress, with the X theme.


    The website is bilingual, and I have two separate sliders running on the English and Spanish home pages.

    The English slider seems to be working perfectly fine (see www.immigration.net), however the Spanish slider seems to be repeating the same slide instead of the special Christmas promo ad video slide which is meant to appear at the end of the slider (see https://www.immigration.net/es/abogado-de-inmigracion-atlanta/). As you can see, the fifth and sixth slides play the same video.

    The correct video seems to play in the LayerSlider interface while creating a new slide.

    The video slide is critical because it runs a Christmas promo, and needs to be visible as soon as possible. Please help!

    Thank you.

  •  477
    Attila replied

    Hello Qfactor,

    Thank you for getting in touch with us. My name is Attila and I'm happy to assist you today. I appreciate your patience while we've been working towards your ticket.

    The slider on the spanish page has the same video added to the 5th and 6th slides. The slideshow is not repeating the 5th slide, instead the same video is added twice. The english page has a different video on the 6th slide, but not the spanish.

    Please check on the spanish slider again in the admin and make sure that you changed the video on the 6th slide correctly. If you did change it, please try to empty any cache you might have (plugin or other methods) that could be preventing the changes from going live on the front-end.

    Best Regards,
    Attila | Kreatura Support Team

  • qfactor replied

    The slider in the Layer Slider slide building interface is the correct one.


    I created a test page to see if it would work correctly, and it does: https://www.immigration.net/testpage/

    This is the same slider in question, and as you can see, the last slide is the correct one. I'm not sure what this means.

    Why would only the Spanish home page be affected by this bug?

    There aren't any caching plugins active on the site. I also cleared LayerSlider's own cache in its settings.

  •  477
    Attila replied

    Thank you for the feedback. That is rather strange. The front-page still shows that the same video is inserted twice. If it works in one slider, it should work in the other too.

    Please set up a temporary WP login so we can check on this in the back-end. You can post the login credentials here as a private reply. Thank you.

    Best Regards,
    Attila | Kreatura Support Team

  •   qfactor replied privately
  •  477
    Attila replied

    Thank you. My colleagues and I will look into this to see what we can find, and get back to you shortly.

    Best Regards,
    Attila | Kreatura Support Team

  •  477
    Attila replied

    We've located the problem. This layer is getting translated in Languages -> String translation, and the content (URL) is getting swapped out on the spanish version. Please see attached screenshot.

    Attached files:  translation strings.png

    Best Regards,
    Attila | Kreatura Support Team

  • qfactor replied

    Thank you for that!


    Based on your feedback, I found this article on Wordpress.org that seemed to be discussing the same issue: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/polylang-issue-with-layerslider/


    Since I'm manually translating the sliders anyway, I just deleted all the translation strings and cleared the cache. The correct slider now shows when I'm logged in, but it still seems to be running the wrong video on other browsers. This might just be a cahce issue though; I'll confirm this by the end of the day today so that we can close this ticket once completely resolved.

    Once again, thank you for your prompt responses, I really do appreciate it!

  • qfactor replied

    Still seem to have issues, the problem didn't fix.

  • qfactor replied

    Okay, I finally fixed it. Here are the steps I followed;

    In Polylang String Translations, I searched for the specific video name.

    In string translations, I replaced the translated video content with the correct video content.

    Checked the "Clean strings translation database" and clicked on save changes.

    Then in Layer Slider> Options> Use slider markup caching I clicked the "Empty caches" button.

    This seems to have resolved the issue.


    Thank you, please go ahead and close this ticket.
      

  •  477
    Attila replied

    Thank you for the feedback, glad you could solve the problem. 

    If you need further assistance please let us know.

    Best Regards,
    Attila | Kreatura Support Team