How many sites/projects can I use a license with?
Each license is valid for one End Product. An End Product can be a website, template, domain or a client. You must purchase separate licenses if you have multiple websites or clients.
Which license should I buy?
- Purchasing the Item is for personal purposes without using it commercially. Webshops and ads on your site is not considered commercial use, see details below.
- As a freelancer buying the Item on your client's behalf with the intended use of the previous point.
- Having a multisite environment where the network-sites are generally have the same role and content. For example, separate sub-sites for localized content.
- The Item is used for preview purposes only and it is not actually part of the larger work that you sale.
- The Item is part of a larger work for sale (e.g. a WordPress theme with the Item included).
- Offering commercial services where the Item is available for paying users. See the details below.
- Having a multisite environment is where the network-sites have different role or content.
What is considered to be commercial use?
Webshops and ads on your or your client's site is not considered commercial use. Envato defines the cases of commercial use where you have direct benefit from the purchased Item, for example, selling it as a part of your larger work (themes, templates, etc) or using it in a way that is only available for paying users and is an essential part of your commercial services.
Check our Envato's Licensing FAQs for more details, they have examples for almost every scenarios.
Things you cannot do with an Item
Again, make sure to read the exact licensing terms and check out Envato's License FAQ to avoid breaching our licenses. In general: you are not allowed to re-distribute or otherwise share the Item, even if you heavily modify it. You cannot extract and use components of the Item in your products that you plan to sell or distribute to masses in any way. Any derivative works are also subject to the terms of the licenses.
Is there a developer / multi-use license?
Sadly, there is not. Envato – the operator of the Market – does not offer any multi-use / developer license yet.
We are an exclusive author, we cannot do business behind Envato, thus we cannot offer you any special deals. However, if you're considering buying a large amount of licenses, Envato might provide you a discount and make your purchase much easier and seamless. Make sure to contact them and ask their assistance.
Can I include your Item in my work (e.g. in a WordPress theme)?
You can if you're a ThemeForest author developing a WordPress theme. Please read our exact terms before you include one of our products in your theme, as breaching those rules can terminate our agreement.
Can I re-distribute your Items for other platforms or with my modifications?
You cannot re-distribute or make our Items available in any form, even if you modify them. You can't use a subset of our works either, your derivative works are also subject to the license terms. Please read the "Things you cannot do with an Item" section of this FAQ for more information.
However, we can team up and work together in a cooperation if you have a nice idea. In this case, we would like to hear from you.
For personal use only, you can modify the plugin and use it in a way you want as long as it complies with the license terms.